Monday, August 4, 2008

Tired and Rambling

So here it is midnight again and that's OK. Everyone is asleep. Dogs are snoring on the couch and my tunes are a low hum. The only thing missing is a bowl of ice cream.
So if you don't already know about my pampered chef party on friday at 6:30 you do now! (Come it will be fun. Everyone is invited) Anywho, Scott wanted the bathroom painted before I could invite a bunch of people over. It is finally done!! 2 coats of primer and 2 coats of color. The walls are going to collapse with the weight of it all! It kind of stinks to waste all that time in there. Hopefully, in September I am gutting that bathroom to tile the floor and get new countertops and toilet. It is so much easier to paint without all that stuff in it!
After painting, I got in the pool with the girls (Daniel's in a cast and can't swim). We had a blast. It is nice to have a pool big enough you can actually play in. And to have an hour to be in it also helps. They are growing so fast. It bring little tears to think about how truly close they are to adulthood and how hard it is going to be. We are trying to give them a greater understanding of what it is to be an adult than we had. (Of course, most 17 year olds don't really have a clue as to the massive responsibilities of adult life.)
RANDOM THOUGHTS
I have been looking at blogs and it cracks me up. I have done it to. I call it a family blog, but really its about me. Of course that includes my family because I am totally wrapped up in them, but really this is my thoughts not theirs. You know, the crazy woman these kids call Mom. Sometimes I feel sorry for them to have such a twisted and warped mother. My mother was as normal as they come. (My brothers and sisters can attest to both.) And they don't escape it from there father. I think he keeps both of us feeling young and goofy. He has such a gift for making us laugh. Laughing is so important. With drastic price increases on everything, a lot of people are feeling a little (or big) pinch in the money department. And as everyone knows, financial stuff can cause tension. It is getting harder and harder to stay home with my kids. Not that I have to go get a job or anything yet, but I am seeing it all over. So enough of my crazy ramblings. Good night.

1 comment:

Halvorsen Family said...

That is so funny (and so true)...we really intend our blogs to be about our families, but it truly is through the eyes of the mothers (for the most part) and then we find it's a great avenue to ramble or rumenate! I love it!! Nice observation.